Who We Are
KNSA is Ottawa's first OSA Recognized non-Club Academy, founded in September, 2014 by National B License and former professional player, Kevin Nelson.
The Academy was started with just eight elite players looking for a home, but by April, 2015 these boys would be joined by enough skilled and dedicated players to join the Soccer Academy Alliance of Canada (SAAC).
KNSA now proudly provides a home for over 75 young athletes to play and grow together, developing not only soccer skills but important life skills for student athletes.
Our vision is to offer ALL players a challenging and enjoyable experience that will ensure they remember their time with the Kevin Nelson Soccer Academy as a positive one. We strive to become and be recognized as the nations capital’s top soccer Academy, to be recognized for innovation and excellence, to produce players with the necessary skills to play at the highest level of the player’s ability.
Our ultimate aim is to recruit, retain and develop players who will eventually go on to play at the collegiate or professional level. For this, the development process must start quite early. The fundamentals of the game must be introduced in a fun and enjoyable environment within the surrounding of professional coaches thus increasing the players' chances of attaining his or her goals.
Our style of coaching, is centered on the developmental needs and characteristics of each player within a team setting. KNSA provides the highest quality education to our athletes by providing an environment where players are constantly engaged and provided with the tools to problem solve, be creative, take initiative and display sound technical skill. Kevin Nelson Soccer Academy prides itself in developing a player’s full potential and passion for “the beautiful game".
U10 Co-ed - Born in 2010 - 2008
U12 Boys - Born in 2006
U13 Co-ed - Born in 2005
U16 Boys - Born in 2002 - Participating in the EDL League
U17 Boys - Born in 2001 - Participating in the EDL League
What is SAAC?
The SAAC Development Program and Academy League is the first standards based league for soccer competition in Ontario. The league is now entering its 10 year of competition. Below are some quick facts above the SAAC League and what makes this league the first choice for players who want to excel at soccer.
- The SAAC Competitions League consists of 3,500 players, male and female, through ages U8 to U20.
- The League has been in existence since 2005, now entering its 10th year of competition.
- The League was founded on a FIFA standard development framework now incorporated in the operating license of ALL SAAC Academies.
- All players are coached through Professionals with a minimum coaching standard of Ontario B Licenses; All Academies Directors of Soccer MUST have a minimum of a FIFA acknowledged “A” License.
- Player Access to the SAAC Competition League is ONLY granted through membership of Licensed Academies; Players must be a member of a SAAC Academy.
- The SAAC Competition League is split into two segments, Teams and schedules are re-balanced for the second half to ensure optimum competitions for all players and teams are maintained.
In July 2016, 2 KNSA teams attended the Gothia Cup. Gothia Cup is the world’s largest and most international youth soccer tournament. Each year, approximately 1600 teams from 80 nations take part in the tournament. At it’s end, 4500 games will have been played on 110 fields.
It’s the teams, and participants from around the world that make the tournament unique. A meeting place for the world’s youth, irrespective of religion, skin color or nationality, with football as the common denominator.
For more information regarding the Gothia cup, please visit Gothia Cup.